October 10, 2006

A Birthday Cake Can Be Creative...Can't It?

My gson had a "Cars" themed birthday party.
I used Little Debbie Cakes to hold the signs up, and graham crackers for the signs and the road. I used those tall elegant cookies that look like sticks to hold the back of the signs, and sprinkled crumbled candy, over the top with candy boulders. This is one of the easiest cakes I've ever made. My DIL had the cars from McDonalds, and I found the little car shapes on the sides at Walmart. If you make this for a little one, be sure and press in tire tracks like the car has run off the road, and use a toothpick to make the cracks in the dessert floor. Just icing the graham crackers like you're putting butter on bread, and voila! a birthday cake!
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

phinner said...

So, do you take orders? My b-day is in March! hee!

Fan-tas-tic, Cate!!! Its soooo cool!!! The G'son must have loved it!!!

Girl said...

Cate, This cake is AMAZING!!

Great job!!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Cate, I second Girl's comment. That is amazing and so, so creative. I bet he loved it.

zann said...

That is one cool cake. I love the logs! This is something I would like to get better at, I have never mastered writing with icing or really making anything with icing other than a mess.

Nan said...

Thanks everyone. The kids seemed to really enjoy it!