December 20, 2007

smash cakes




My friends' twins turn 1 today! I made their smash cakes for them (a.k.a.-the cake just for the birthday boy/girl to smash into). They are just the small 6" cakes. They aren't that great seeing as I had JUST enough frosting, so I had no leftover frosting to correct goofs. But they aren't completely horrible either. The twins' invitation reads, "All the kings horses and all the kings men invite you to celebrate Prince Andrew and Princess Annabella's birthdays with them!" The invitation had a picture of humpty dumpty on the wall on it. So on Andrew's cake I made a brick wall around the edges. And I tried to make Annabella's sort of look like a castle. The dark blue areas on Andrew's cake are where I accidentally dropped too much shimmer dust. (something I would have corrected if I had more frosting. oops.) You can't really tell in these pictures, but the tops of the cakes are shimmery.

4 comments:

madretz said...

I wanna cake that shimmery! I've never had a shimmery cake. I wanna castle cake, too!

Nan said...

I never knew what the little cakes were called before! These are precious!

Lauren said...

Great job!!!!!!

phinner said...

Sweet!!! Love the theme. I also love the idea of a smash cake. Especially one I wouldn't have to share!!! heee!!!