March 04, 2006

A saying for my girls


I posted this on my blog, and Cate suggested (Nudge-Nudge) I share it here. This is a picture of the soffit above the mirror in my daughters' bathroom. The walls used to be covered in blue and pink ribbon patterned wallpaper. I'm not a wallpaper fan, so down it came. I repainted the walls with a Wooley, using warm beige and ochre tones.

I knew that I wanted to put some words on the soffit, but what??? I thought and thought, and this is what I came up with. It may not be flowery and poetic, but it's what I want my girls to remember always.

6 comments:

madretz said...

Beautiful sentiment for your girls and for everyone who visits your house, too.

phinner said...

The things that are said by your mom mean so much. What a lovely message to your girls.

Simplicity is always beautiful.

What's a wooley? I obviously don't do any decorating around the house! : .)

Nan said...

I love it! I don't know what a wooley is either!?!

musicgeek said...

A Wooley is a faux finishing tool that I picked up at Home Depot. It's a really easy, fast way to get a "ragged" type finish. The effects you get depend on the paint colors you choose. I used an ivory for the main color and worked a fairly dark ochre color into it rather sparingly.

Thanks for the nice comments:)

FarmWife said...

I love what you "wrote" on the soffit. What a wonderful thing for your girls to see every day!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

What a wonderful message for your girls to read each morning!